Reformation jubilee 2017
The 500th anniversary of the reformation remembers a major change effort carried out by people who listened to the Word of God, questioned themselves and their context and were courageous to stand up for change. Young Christians today look for places and churches where this impetus of the reformation is present – and not just maintenance of tradition. As an ecclesia semper reformanda, we are a church that needs constant reformation.
“What reformation do we need today and how can it be achieved?”
Choose one main answer or idea you have on this question. It can be as free as you like. Explain and present it in a creative way to the internet community, for example as a text, video, song, speech, picture. It should not be longer than 1 A4 page or 5 minutes video.
will become the start for the “Global Young Reformers network” This Network will be launched in 2014 and aims to build a strong network among young people and meaningful contributions for the Lutheran churches. It will be built by young Lutherans within the context of reformatory heritage, Lutheran identity and today’s global connectivity.
Contribute your ideas to the global community and be invited to Wittenberg for one week! You will become a creative adviser for the planning committee of the “Global Young Reformers Network”. This group of 7 young Lutherans from all over the world will prepare global Lutheran youth activities until 2017. You are fully invited to join their first meeting in Wittenberg in autumn 2013. You will get to know the city, reformation history and stay with an international youth group.
- Fill in the online application and send the presentation of your idea (A4 page, picture, video, recorded song or speech)
- to lwfyouth(at)lutheranworld.org until July 15, 2013
- The first Jury in the LWF Communion Office will select the 10 most convincing entries that will be presented online.
- The internet audience of the LWF Youth will online vote for the best two entries until August 4.
- The two winners will be informed after August 5 to participate in the Young Reformers Network Steering group in Wittenberg as creative advisors
More information here: Creative Competition for the Global Young Reformers Network
We wish you good luck and great, meaningful, inspiring and convincing ideas!